Welcome to The Disney World Blog! I am a former Cast Member of the Walt Disney World, Company. I held roles as Custodial host and Attractions host at The American Adventure in EPCOT’s World Showcase, as well as Ride Operator at Blizzard Beach. I also held a position as third shift custodial, working overnight in EPCOT.
I began employment with the Walt Disney World Company in September of 1999 on the Walt Disney World College Program, and spent Y2K working in EPCOT. But before the Y2K party, I was one of a select group to be on the Hurricane Floyd Ride-Out crew – stationed inside EPCOT during Floyd’s closest approach to Orlando/Lake Buena Vista. I got to “sleep” (as if we actually slept) with the fishies. 🙂
Overall, it was a tremendously awesome time, and to this day, even after almost 20 years of working other jobs, I rate the Walt Disney World Company as the absolute best employer, hands down. I regret ever leaving, to be honest.
So I have created The Walt Disney World Blog in the hopes of being able to share in some of the adventures I experienced while a Cast Member (well, in reality, for me anyway, once a Cast Member, always a Cast Member), as well as some helpful insight into the parks in an effort to help maximize your enjoyment while you are on vacation!
I thank you for visiting The Disney World Blog, and hope that you find it useful and enjoyable!
Welcome to The Disney World Blog!
Just a few things to get started. First, what this page is not:
- Endorsed by the Walt Disney World, Co. or any parent company or derivative thereof, including, but not limited to, The Walt Disney Co. (Yet. There’s always room to dream, right? ? )
Now, what this page is:
- Insightful tips about the Walt Disney World parks
- Stories from past adventures at the Walt Disney World Resort and Parks in Orlando Florida
- Potentially deals on tickets (note, any links to deals on tickets are paid links. See the Site Disclosures page for additional information)
- Potentially deals on accommodations ( note, any links to deals on tickets are paid links. See the Site Disclosures page for additional information)
- And so much more!
Images courtesy of https://magicguides.com.